Midterms just passed and it was the busiest week of my life. I'm not even joking. This week I didn't talk to anyone that wasn't from school. I hardly talked to my family.haha. Yes, I was FOCUSED. It's my last quarter so I didn't want to let anyone down by doing bad on my exams, especially myself. And unlike most graduating seniors, I saved the worst for last. All my classes are accounting. FOUR accounting classes. For those of you who don't know what that implies, well it's like just making school your full time job. Work that doesn't end...ever! anyway, midterm hell week has passed and I feel so relaxed. Except for the part that I'm still waiting on results.aaah! I'm very excited about the weekend, haven't had a fun one in like two weeks due to all the testing, so I'm looking forward to finally seeing my wonderful boyfriend this weekend and making some sweet memories with him, family, and friends. So during this busy week I was thinking about my relationship with God. I'm sure your life is busy,if not busier than mine. How do you balance time with God, and so many other things for that matter. I've learned to be creative. Sometimes during the normal course of the day we are overwhelmed with tasks from work, school, relationships. So much that consumes our time and it's so easy to forget to make time for God. Well, like I mentioned, creativity is key. Especially if you live a fast paced life. If you don't have time to sit down and have Bible study time then carry your Bible with you (easier if you're a girl, I know). Read it on the train, on your lunch time, whenever you have free time. Prayer..hmm well personally, I think that early in the morning or late before going to sleep are the best times. But if those times are too hectic for you, or whatever reason it just doesn't work then I suggest during the day if you're able to do it. Anyway, this was on my mind during this week. Sometimes our full agendas take over our life and our spirit grows weary and desperate for Him. We must make time for God, loosing this precious time is dangerous for our spiritual growth and might cause us to become careless for the things of God and even complacent.
Love,
Ritz
No comments:
Post a Comment